Thursday, January 16, 2020

THE WORLD IS A LIBRARY

   So the assignment for this post was to find a novel we found interesting that we would want to read and explain why it appealed to us. To my surprise I found not one, but three books I would think to read, so let me explain why.

1. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
    - The reason I chose this book was honestly due to the fact that I like the movie. If you didn't know, the basis of the novel follows the protagonist and his attorney on a drug-induced haze to Las Vegas. I've heard great reviews on this book and has imagery that'll suck you right in.

2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
    -  I chose this book because I've read it twice, but never truly understood it due to the fact that I was too young and didn't have the literary analysis skills that I have now. Due to that, I've always avoided watching the movie.

3. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
    - I typed "classic controversial american literature books" and this popped up. I read the description and was immediately interested for the reason that I thought, "Why, literally why?" (my exact thoughts) so now I have an urge to read it.

4. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
    - Lastly, I chose this book due to the fact that I loved the movie as a kid and I thought "Hey, why not?" I've been told it's kind of a trippy book and I have this crazy poster my dad gave to me once he thought I was old enough to have that used to be his.


Image result for wonderland by tom masse

No comments:

Post a Comment

GATSBY TEST CHAPTERS 1-4

Chapter 1:     1.) Why was Nick family so hesitant about him moving to New York?     2.) Who is Daisy and what is her relationship to Mr. ...