Wednesday, October 9, 2019

How I Read


How I Read

So today in class, Dr. Preston read to us his post titled How We Read and I think this proved to me why I dislike reading so much. The post discussed the reasons why most of us find reading unenjoyable, from analysis to maybe it’s just not the book for you. I know that somewhere in myself I  L O V E reading, but it always comes down to me having to take notes or stop every chapter and analyze “what does the author mean by…” and “how is this a metaphor for..” etc. I’ve never taken the time to actually sit down and let myself be transported into the book and get to know the character for who they are instead of what they symbolize. I know the biggest challenge I have while reading is that if I read to myself, I won’t absorb the material, or my astigmatism makes it really challenging to look at a book page for too long. Although I’m writing in a negative connotation, this gave me hope for reading because the more I think about it, the more I realize that my problems have resources that could be fixed and it gave me hope to try reading again, but instead of trying to analyze every sentence, I should try and read for pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GATSBY TEST CHAPTERS 1-4

Chapter 1:     1.) Why was Nick family so hesitant about him moving to New York?     2.) Who is Daisy and what is her relationship to Mr. ...